Tier 2 General Visa

Tier 2 General Visa

A Tier 2 General Visa is available if you’ve been offered a skilled job in this country and you are a non-EEA national. However, from January 2021 the Home Office intends to extend this visa to the European nationals.

To obtain this visa you need a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply and the work you do must relate to that of your sponsor organisation.

You can apply for a Tier 2 General Visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK and you should get a decision within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

You may need to prove you can speak English in order to qualify for this visa and you will need to pay a fee, but the costs vary. You will also have to pay a health surcharge. You should speak to one of our expert immigration lawyers to find out more about the language requirement and exactly how much you will have to pay.

If you obtain this visa you can work in the UK for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days and you can apply to extend this.

With this visa, you can work for your sponsor in the job described in your sponsorship certificate; you can do a second job and voluntary work; you can study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the work you do; you can travel abroad and return to the UK and you can bring family members with you.

There are restrictions on this visa including a ban on getting public funds and applying for a second job until you have started working for your sponsor.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We’re here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly:

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.