Overseas Business Representative Visa

Overseas Business Representative Visa

The Overseas Business Representative Visa is good for businesses who would like to establish themselves in the UK and are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. It also applies to news outlets.

You can apply for this business visa if you are a senior representative of an overseas company wanting to set up in the UK or a journalist posted on a long-term assignment. You must be able to support yourself without recourse to public funds and meet the English language requirement.

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you travel and you’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks. You will have to pay a fee and a healthcare surcharge.
You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years and may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years. After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.

With this visa you can:

  • work for your employer, full time
  • Bring your family dependents with you
  • extend your visa multiple times
  • apply to settle in the UK after you’ve been here for 5 years
  • stay in the UK if your company’s circumstances change and you have been here more than 2 years

You cannot:

  • work for yourself or any other business
  • stay in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer
  • switch to this visa from any other visa category
  • access public funds

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

If you need guidance on immigration law, contact our experienced immigration solicitors today on: 020 7427 5970 or enquiries@www.taylorhampton.co.uk.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We’re here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly:

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.