Permanent Residence Card

Permanent Residence Card

You can apply for a permanent residence card after you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years. This will prove your right to live in the UK permanently.

You are eligible for this card if you have lived in the UK with a member of your family, who is from the EEA, for a continuous period of 5 years. That EEA family member must either have a permanent right of residence, or have been working, studying or self-sufficient throughout that 5 year period.

You can also get UK permanent residence if you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as a member of an EEA national’s extended family, and you’ve held a valid EEA family permit or residence card throughout.

You can apply for this card in two ways. Firstly, if your EEA family member applies for UK permanent residency online and includes you. Secondly, you can download and fill in the permanent residence application form and post it to the Home Office. There is a small fee to pay.

You will be asked to provide your biometric information as part of your application. This can be done at certain Post Office branches for a small fee. You will need to have a digital photo taken of your face, put your fingers on a screen to be scanned and give your signature.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the practicalities and evidence that is required for a permanent residence card. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We’re here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly:

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.