Tier 1 Investor Visa

Tier 1 Investor Visa

If you have at least £2 million that you can invest in the UK you could apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa. This visa is not available if you come from the European Economic Area (EEA).

The Investor visa means you must have at least £2 million of investment funds and have opened a UK bank account. You must be over 18 and able to prove that the money belongs to you or your spouse, or partner whether married or not.

Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions and free to spend in the UK.

The Investor visa allows you to set up a business or get a job (with a couple of restrictions) but there is no requirement for you to do so. It can also lead to accelerated settlement in the UK, but the speed depends on how much money you have invested.

The earliest you can apply for this visa is three months before you travel and it usually takes three weeks to be issued. There are fees attached to this visa and we will be able to give you the most recent costs. You will also have to pay a healthcare surcharge.

You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months and you can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.

Depending on the amount of money you invest, you will qualify for settlement after 2 – 5 years.

If you are already in the UK, for example as a student, you can switch to the Investor visa as long as you have the money and meet the requirements set out above. You should apply before your current visa runs out. Getting an Investor visa means you could stay for 3 more years with the option to extend. This in turn could lead to permanent residence or settlement in the UK.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the complex evidence that is required for this visa. We will be with you every step of the way.

Contact Taylor Hampton

We’re here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly:

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.