EEA Residence Card

EEA Residence Card

The UK has now formally left the EU on 31 January 2020, but there is a transitional period until 31 June 2021. This means that free movement still applies until the end of transitional period. This in turn means that nothing will change until then for the rights of non-EU family members from countries in the EU, plus Norway and Switzerland.

The EEA Residence Card applies to those outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes all the countries in the EU, plus Norway and Switzerland.

You can apply for this card if you are a family member of an EEA national who is living in the UK. This includes spouses, civil partners, children or grandchildren under 21 years old or a dependent parent or grandparent. You can also qualify as an extended family member or unmarried partner.

You don’t need to apply for a residence card as a family member, but it can help you re-enter the UK more quickly and easily if you travel abroad. It is also helpful to be able to show employers you’re allowed to work in the UK and help prove that you qualify for certain benefits and services.

You must apply for a residence card or have a valid EEA family permit if you’re an extended family member.

A EEA Residence Card can last up to 5 years. After 5 years, you can apply for a permanent residence card. There is a small fee to pay.

Our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to advise and guide you through the practicalities and evidence that is required for this card. We will be with you every step of the way.

If you need guidance on immigration law, contact our experienced immigration solicitors today on: 020 7427 5970 or

Contact Taylor Hampton

We are here to help, please fill in your details below and our solicitors will contact you shortly::

Taylor Hampton will only process your personal data in relation to this specific enquiry.